We're looking for a journalist to work as part of a talented editorial team in our central London offices.
We need someone with excellent writing skills and a passion for online journalism and social media. An enthusiastic communicator and team player with some experience of creating great content for an audience.
In return we offer the opportunity to make a difference as part of a successful, vibrant and social team.
Summary of Role
- Write and upload daily stories online covering: home/international news, entertainment, lifestyle, business and other areas.
- Assist with developing content for Young Voices Online
- Assist with sourcing and uploading videos
- Liaise with news and Life & Style sections to contribute to print
- Maintain Instagram platform and report on Statistics
- Assist with posting on social media (Instagram/Twitter) • Assist with uploading weekend content
- Pitch feature ideas to Editors
- Contribute to supplements
- Provide cover for Online Editor
- Upload job adverts (sent from commercial team)
- Upload banner adverts (sent from commercial team)
- Upload classified adverts (sent from commercial team) • Upload advertorials (sent from commercial team)
- Update and report on calendar
- Attend events and provide coverage
- Interview celebrities and community figures
- Picture sourcing
- Liaising with the public
- Assisting with special projects e.g. special publications
- Provide social media assistance during events
- Assisting with collating and editing our “What’s On page” for online
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
The Voice Newspaper was founded in 1982.
Over the last 34 years it has reign as 'Britain’s Favourite Black Newspaper', The Voice has served the black community by giving them a voice where the mainstream newspapers have failed. It has over the years campaigned on numerous issues and championing the causes of black people nationwide. The Voice is a winning mixture of news, features, sports and celebrity interviews.