Journalist – Post
Salary £22,000 - £24,000
Location: Piccadilly London
Infopro Digital (http://www.infopro-digital.com) is a fast growing information services business with an absolute focus on growth and innovation. Globally the business has 3,200 employees across 15 countries; and revenues of €440m across six professional markets: automobile, construction, retail, insurance and finance, public sector and industry. Our international presence includes a vibrant culture and offices in London, New York, Hong Kong and Paris.
The last decade has seen dramatic change in risk management at banks and other financial institutions, as well as regulatory upheaval in the derivatives markets through which many risks are transferred. Risk.net covers these topics in more depth than any other publication.
An integral part of the InfoPro Digital stable, Post, the award-winning news and information service for the insurance sector is looking for a reporter to join its team and help keep readers abreast of developments in this fast moving industry.
Established in 1840, the brand has a great reputation for nurturing and developing well rounded and respected journalists, with six former reporters moving onto the nationals in recent years.
- Contribute exclusive news and analysis for our online and print offerings and using social media platforms to engage with Post’s readers
- This content will cover the full breadth of the insurance sector, and will involve speaking to and making contacts with everyone from CEOs, to MPs and senior regulatory officials
- Ideally the candidate will have local newspaper or trade magazine experience, preferably with news writing as the focus.
- Experience of working with audio and visual media would also be beneficial and while not a pre-requisite it will form part of the role.
- NCJT qualification or equivalent would be an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent understanding financial markets, derivatives pricing and quantitative methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Ability to establish business relationships
- Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality
- Degree in a quantitative or scientific subject such as mathematics, statistics, physics or finance.
- A postgraduate qualification in finance would be an advantage.
What's on offer:
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s West End, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
In addition to the above mentioned salary we offer the following benefits:
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising up to 30 days)
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bonusly Employee Recognition
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Onsite monthly Chair Massage
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Vodafone Employee Advantage Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Flexible Working
And many more!
Infopro Digital also runs The Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position