Professional Adviser is an online publication that serves financial advisers and paraplanners across the UK, keeping them up-to-date with the latest articles on investments, pensions, platforms, technology, regulation and more. Professional Adviser’s editorial team is looking for a journalist with experience of financial journalism that can join them in uncovering exclusive news stories, as well as producing detailed features and analyses. They also need to have a keen eye for editing to help produce a bi-monthly investment magazine. This is an exciting role with excellent opportunities for quick progression.
Job title: Journalist
Salary: up to £30,000 per annum
Location: London (Covent Garden), United Kingdom
Type of employment: full-time
Incisive Media, PA’s parent company, is an award winning information provider, serving a wide range of financial, business technology and professional services markets globally. As AOP's ' Digital Publisher of the Year' for four years we are an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media with a culture that we're proud of and flexible working opportunities.
What you will be doing:
As well as writing in-depth features and analyses - and breaking news content – the editorial team produces a podcast alongside a number of different video series. PA also publishes a bi-monthly investment magazine Multi-Asset Review for the same audience.
As part of a five-person team, you will be:
- Building on your already sound knowledge of a wide range of industry issues and representing the brand at events;
- Producing engaging and original content across platforms including print, online, video, audio and social media;
- Generating exclusive news on the people, companies and topics within the financial advice and investment sectors, as well as delivering original instant and long-form pieces of analysis and research on the wider implications of those stories;
- Helping the editor publish a bi-monthly investment magazine;
- Further developing contacts in the industry to generate original and valuable pieces for our readers; and
- Writing accurate and well-structured articles with few edits.
What we value:
- At least two years’ experience of writing news, features, analysis and interviews;
- Proven track record of seeking off-diary and exclusive analysis, features or news and data-led articles;
- Ability to spot the most important angle for our readers in press releases, reports and more interactive sources of news, such as interviews or conferences;
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively as part of a team, communicating across a busy news desk;
- Recognition of the importance of meeting short and long-term deadlines;
- Experience working across multiple platforms including print, online, social media, video and audio;
- Generation of fresh and original ideas as well as follow-ups/reactionary pieces;
- Must be able to manage a busy workload; and
- A good degree or equivalent.
What you can expect from us:
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in Media, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Health Cash Plan (company paid)
- Life assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Corporate gym membership
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IM Foundation – staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
- Plus a number of salary sacrifice benefits including cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments and many more!
How to apply:
Click on 'apply online' to start your journey.
If this isn't the right job for you then perhaps you have a friend who might be suitable?
We look forward to welcoming you on board!
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position