As a Journalist for LADbible, you will use your editorial talent, awareness of current news, and passion for the latest releases and events to produce high-quality and thought-provoking articles – covering breaking news, features, interviews, reviews and more – to be posted across LADbible social media platforms and on-site.
What will you be doing?
You will be part of the team responsible for taking LADbible’s content to the next level. You will help enhance the brand image by maintaining a strong online presence as well as developing and improving the quality of written articles. Everything we produce and publish needs to have our unique stamp on it, and you will be a part of creating and maintaining that stamp.
- Producing topical news articles to meet tight deadlines
- Proactively seeking out breaking news as it happens
- Taking on reviews and feature writing, including script writing, when necessary
- Sourcing and pitching original ideas and lateral angles for written and video content
- Posting to and moderating social platforms (Facebook, Twitter etc) when necessary
- Growing and utilising contacts for news leads and feature content
- Maintaining impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
- Refining and evolving the tone and reputation of the brand
What we are offering?
In the role, you will thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, target-driven content environment. You will be proactive in growing your own book of industry contacts. You will demand attention to detail, relish tight turnarounds, and constantly look to evolve your individual journalistic voice.
What do you need to have done before?
- You have a journalistic background, ideally with experience of writing news
- You are target driven and understand the necessity for tight turnaround times
- You write to a high standard, and have evidence of research and reaching out to contacts
- You have a proven ability to think, imagine and produce new and original ideas
- You have some experience of SEO and of using website content management systems
- A degree within a relevant field is desirable but not essential
- Ideally a NCTJ or Media Law Training is required
- Team First: We listen to each other and nurture mutual respect. We do not accept egos.
- Problem Solving: We do not just call it out. We keep our momentum by proactively solving problems.
- Hard Work: Building something special needs grit and dedication. We bring it.
We are looking for someone who exhibits all of these behaviours.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position