Provide a high standard of reporting and journalism to ensure a positive reader experience across two leading intellectual property titles: World IP Review and Life Sciences IP Review.
The post holder will:
- Work in a tight-knit editorial team, working on a range of intellectual property law titles including World IP Review and Life Sciences IP Review
- Commission and edit content across wide subject matter
- Write news and features for our publications and websites
- Need to prioritise your workload and meet demands of various team members
- Chase copy, send out submission guidelines, liaise with contributors, put content onto websites
- Understand complex subject matter quickly
The role would suit someone with a minimum of two years' experience in B2B journalism and editing, but we would also consider candidates with a strong track record in other areas of publishing.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent writer
- Understand flatplanning, proofing and other press elements
- Be willing to tackle new topics and learn quickly
- Have a track record of commissioning strong content
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to manage several tasks concurrently; and
- Demonstrate team working ethos
- Be methodical and well organised with a high level of attention to detail
Newton Media is an entrepreneurial publishing company with a friendly culture and welcoming environment. Benefits include unlimited holiday, health cash plan, death in service benefit, and flexible working.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position