We are looking for an experienced, organised journalist to join our friendly, professional, award-winning team at RED, an internal communication agency based in York.
We need someone who can research, interview, write and post compelling and creative content across all of our printed and digital channels. Speed and accuracy are essential.
The work of this job is varied and fast moving and requires a heightened news sense. The ideal candidate will be creative, resilient and capable of juggling multiple projects with different deadlines.
The candidate for this post should have excellent written English and grammar, plus a degree, or similar, in journalism or media. NCTJ accreditation would be great. Candidates with extensive professional media experience but no degree will also be considered.
Experience of internal comms and employee engagement would be a bonus, but not essential. Training will be provided.
The successful candidate will be super organised, self-motivated, and have the ability to think on their feet. The ability to drive is desirable.
And having a laugh with the team is all in a day's work, too.
If this sounds like you, then read on…
Reporting to and with direction from the head of content and channels, you will be responsible for:
- researching, interviewing, writing and approving stories for the printed and digital channels we produce for our blue-chip clients;
- providing content for our digital strategy and social media strategy;
- communicating with key stakeholders and other members of the team to ensure all areas of content production are delivered to deadline;
- advising stakeholders;
- providing communications planning for projects as and when required;
- briefing designers and external photographers, and sometimes freelance contributors;
- page planning and scheduling;
- supporting other members of the RED team.
Your key skills:
- excellent communication skills - written and verbal;
- exceptional client management;
- tried and tested project management;
- enjoys building relationships;
- takes the initiative;
- strong organisational skills;
- ability to handle a number of tasks at a time, meeting challenging deadlines and changing priorities;
- a good level of data handling skills;
- IT skills - developing strong knowledge of in-house systems;
- good time management;
- collaborative and solution-based thinker;
- personal eagerness to help grow the reputation of our organisation;
- willingness to work in an all-hands-on-deck environment;
- ability to work well both independently and as part of a team;
- delivery focused - on time, to high quality and budget.
Your knowledge and experience:
- Four+ years on a newspaper, in-house internal communication team, or in an agency;
What we can do for you:
- the position is permanent and full time with flexible working arrangements;
- 31 days' holiday (including bank holidays);
- we offer a workplace pension scheme;
- it is an exciting role with a high level of autonomy, balanced with plenty of support;
- we promote a friendly and professional environment with a great team spirit;
- we can offer opportunities for career development within an award-winning, fast growing and successful agency.
Red Publications Ltd
York Eco Business Centre
Amy Johnson Way, Clifton Moor
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position