Junior Content Editor - Copywriting & Editorial Team at i2W
We’re looking for a sharp editor and writer to work within our content team. You’ll be tasked with polishing online copy submitted by freelancers for our global content brand and other day-to-day content-related requirements.
This position is ripe for someone who’s keen to learn and grow in their copywriting and editorial skills. We’re a small (6 person office) business with four years under our belt. We’re excited to add another member to our content team who’s a confident all-rounder and ready to help us achieve big goals in 2019 and beyond.
We’re hoping to find someone with a keen eye for grammar, a natural way with words and who takes pride in organisation. Your day-to-day will include (but not be limited to) proofing and editing article submissions, writing different styles of online content including press releases and buyers guides, learning to optimise copy for SEO, liaising with our editing managers in the UK and the US, preparing customer orders to be assigned to freelance writers, etc.
The right person for this position will have strong skills in, or a demonstrable understanding of, the following areas:
- Written English (A Level/Bachelors Degree in English or relative subject preferred)
- Business admin
- Online marketing and publishing
- Computer/tech savvy
- Customer support
- Microsoft Office/Google Drive
Desired Personal Qualities:
The right person for this position will have more than less of the following personal qualities:
- Wordsmith - has a love of writing, reading and grammar. Bookworms welcome.
- Detail-oriented - a perfectionist who can spot a typo from a mile off.
- Organised - someone who relishes putting everything in order.
- Adaptive - someone who enjoys getting to grips with new processes.
- Communicative - loves to share ideas and not afraid to chat.
- Outgoing - someone who’s keen for the spontaneous team lunch or coffee date.
- Driven - someone who’s ready to start with the basics and learn as much as possible.
- Must be local to Brighton OR willing to travel to Brighton
- Starting salary of 18k per annum
- 3-month probationary period
- 20 paid leave days per annum, plus bank holidays
Be advised that parking near our office is difficult, so commuters are advised to seek other transport to work. Compensation for this will be approached on a case-by-case basis, but we can’t provide parking.
i2W Company Description:
We practice smart digital marketing that evolves, and we love it. Straddling the doorstep of innovation and progression, our calling has always been offering real solutions for the market's chief complaints. We work closely with all our clients to achieve their unique mission, measuring our success based on theirs.
Offering digital marketing services, brand conception, and business consultancy, we have partnerships with over fifty companies both locally and globally. Despite our versatile client portfolio, we are committed to serving every community we work within.
Please send us your current CV, short covering letter and any writing samples you’d like us to see to firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position