Aesthetics is a media and event business servicing the medical aesthetics profession and industry. This exciting market is growing rapidly and our corporate customers include pharmaceutical producers of injectable products as well as skincare companies and laser device manufacturers.
Based in Central London, Aesthetics currently encompasses a monthly print journal, a strong online and social presence and two annual events; the Aesthetics Awards and the Aesthetics Conference and Exhibition.
At its core, Aesthetics is about the people. This applies both to our team, our users and our customers, all of whom share an interest in learning new and exciting skills and techniques that translate into excellent clinical practice.
We believe in investing in our team. We encourage skills training and personal development as well as autonomy in decision-making and collaborative working, which has contributed to our high team retention rate and ability to continue to attract and recruit the highest calibre of candidate.
The Aesthetics brand is going from strength to strength with annual revenue growth of more than 20% year on year. Our team is expanding as we push ourselves into new areas, always looking for interesting challenges.
We are seeking an additional Journalist and Content Writer to support the editorial team in the production of editorial copy for the journal and its associated website as well as marketing communications promoting different elements of our brand. This will be a multi-faceted role that will encompass all aspects of a media company. You must be able to meet strict deadlines, write and edit copy precisely and to length and work closely with the Editor and Deputy Editor to ensure that all content for the journal is well written, thoroughly researched and factually accurate. As part of this role you will also be expected to develop relationships with industry PRs, advertisers and key opinion leaders and gain a strong understanding and knowledge of the aesthetics market.
· Sourcing and writing up-to-date news
· Attending and reporting on press launches and industry events
· Commissioning and editing features written by contributors
· Uploading features and news to the website
· Proofing final copy
· Regular social media updates and engagement
· Writing marketing communications (emails, advertorials, flyers) to promote our brand events
· Researching and writing clinical and business features
· Interviewing industry leaders and experts
· Writing advertorial copy from advertiser briefs
· Contributing ideas for innovative content
· Developing contacts
· Attending conferences and researching clinical topics
· Liaising with the design team
Essential Skills and Experience
· Excellent command of written and spoken English
· Excellent writing and grammar skills
· A degree in Journalism or NCTJ qualification
· Experience of proofing and editing
· Experience of writing news
· Experience of interviewing and writing feature articles
· Experience of filming and editing video content using programmes such as Adobe Premier Pro
· Experience of relationship building with key contacts for example PRs, contributors and advertisers
· Knowledge and experience in utilising social media business accounts including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+
Desirable Skills and Experience
· Experience in writing for a professional audience
· Experience in writing marketing materials
· Experience using an email software such as Mailchimp
· Interest in healthcare and/or medical aesthetics
· Experience in using website CMS system
· Knowledge of analytical tools such as Google analytics
· Salary of £20,000 - £22,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
· Annual bonus scheme
· Employer pension contribution
· Private healthcare scheme
· 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
If this exciting role sounds perfect for you, please do get in touch.
Head of Talent
Tel: +44 207 148 0408
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.