Junior reporter France
Montel covers the French power and gas markets from France and the UK. We are Europe’s leading energy newswire, publishing real-time market moving news in English, French, German, Swedish, Spanish, Norwegian and Turkish.
We are looking to hire a talented junior reporter with native level fluency in French to join our busy newswire as soon as possible. The news beat will encompass regular market coverage, energy sector developments, as well as political and regulatory developments in France, in the context of the wider European energy markets.
The reporter will liaise with a team of reporters and editors in France and the UK to develop Montel’s track record of breaking price-driving news to a multilingual readership.
Main skills required
- A desire to develop a competence in wholesale energy market reporting.
- Familiarity with energy markets and/or financial journalism will be beneficial but not essential.
- Fearlessness in picking up the phone and asking pertinent questions.
- An understanding of French political processes.
- Some data journalism experience, or at the least an affinity with numbers, is a bonus as our news coverage is highly data driven.
- Solid English skills.
- Our France team are based in Brittany and central Paris. Montel’s London office is centrally located in Fitzrovia.
The terms of employment will depend on the candidates’ experience and the location of the position. The right candidate may report from Paris or London.
Start date: ASAP
Please send a CV and covering letter in French or English, by 28 February, 2018: email@example.com
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact:
Richard Sverrisson, news editor Europe: firstname.lastname@example.org (+47 229 94 222)
Chris Eales, France editor: email@example.com (+33 296 400 076)
Morten Munkejord, Editor-in-Chief: firstname.lastname@example.org (+47 971 60 528)
Norway-based publisher Montel delivers services to customers in more than 30 countries. In addition to online news and market data from across the energy markets, Montel publishes magazines and newsletters, and hosts a number of industry events across Europe every year. Montel has satellite offices in France, Germany, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, and the UK.