New Model Adviser
The role and the team
The award winning New Model Adviser®, a magazine and website for professional financial planners, is looking for a Junior Reporter. You will join a very friendly and lively team who work literally shoulder to shoulder.
The ‘NMA’ team is competitive and collaborative. Journalists are rewarded for their own hard work and performance as well as for their willingness to support others.
We are looking for candidates at the start of their career in journalism. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We’re looking for a passionate individual with an interest in Finance reporting eager to join a dynamic team.
What matters is that you are able to apply yourself, learn new skills and subject matter, can develop relationships with contacts and relish working in the world of financial journalism.
NMA reporters have a great track record or career progression and award success, and Citywire is a great place to start and build a career in journalism and publishing.
What you will do:
- Break exclusive news on the financial advice profession and related industries such as asset management and insurance, as well as covering regulatory, tax and other public policy issues such as pensions.
- Write long form features including investigatory work, business profiles, face to face interviews and audience-focussed articles.
- Help create videos and podcasts for the New Model Adviser channel and Citywire. Use these tools and others to tell engaging stories.
- Draw on Citywire’s in-house research teams to create exclusive data-led journalism.
- Create a network of contacts and develop a patch to make yourself a subject specialist.
And Citywire has a wealth or resources to draw on too, including:
- In-house research and data.
- Writing and story building skills.
- Support taking finance qualifications.
- Great benefits.
Citywire will also offer you:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays.
- Competitive private pension scheme.
- Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme.
- Subsidised gym options.
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans.
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12, 24 or 36 months and make a National Insurance saving too.
After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
Please do not miss our latest company video and Youtube channel where we say a lot about us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgYBEKicRU
We are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position