Practical Publishing International, an established publisher of market-leading craft magazines, requires a junior sub-editor to join its production team.
The successful applicant will be working across our portfolio of female interest craft magazines and will be proofreading a wide variety of editorial content, focusing primarily on step-by-step project instructions. The junior sub-editor works as part of our larger subbing team, which ensure deadlines and quality standards are maintained across our print and digital business.
- Sub-editing and proofing content across our portfolio of craft magazines;
- Maintaining quality standards and editorial tone across all magazines;
- Ensuring all deadlines are adhered to;
- Liaising with internal staff as required; and
- Enforcing the company house style.
- Excellent spelling, grammar and attention to detail;
- Ability to hit deadlines & co-ordinate workloads accordingly;
- Excellent communications skills;
- High standards of work and the drive to only accept the very best; and
- Knowledge of crafts would be advantageous but not essential.
This position would suit an entry-level journalist with proven subbing skills, as well as junior sub-editors with some experience in a similar role.
This position is full-time, Monday-Friday, and based in our Stockport office. Flexible working hours are available. Salary is dependent on experience.
How to apply:
Please apply via email to email@example.com and quote the reference MARSUB20. Please include an up-to-date CV and covering letter with your application.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position