About the role
We are looking for an eagle-eyed junior sub-editor to support our busy content team. This is a key position within the team and would suit someone with strong editing skills, a rigorous attention to detail and natural curiosity - you will be spending your days immersed in future insights.
You will be working with our sub-editor as part of a two-person team and liaising mainly with the writers on our content team. You will also be needed for other departments and will encounter tasks from our marketing and advisory teams.
- Sub-editing a variety of work, from reports and briefs to emails and slide decks
- Maintaining and amending a style guide - a house style handbook for the company
- Monitoring the website for any errors and signing off on work to go live
- Carrying out basic administrative tasks, such as maintaining file structures and creating the weekly subbing schedule
- Exceptional attention to detail, understanding of language, punctuation and grammar
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with working to tight deadlines
- Keeps abreast of adaptations in language, ensuring writing is sensitive to all groups
- Commercial awareness, understanding of industry and Stylus clients
- Passion for subject
At Stylus, we identify and connect the most important global trends across 20 industries to help our clients understand how attitudes and behaviours affect products and services, and how consumers engage with the world around them.
Stylus recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Flexible working from home and the office located in central London.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position