Job title: land warfare editor
For almost 40 years, Shephard Media has been providing high-quality business intelligence to the aerospace and defence markets, through a combination of magazines, online news services, and handbooks.
Particularly well known within the rotorcraft, unmanned vehicles, C4ISR, naval and land warfare markets, Shephard Media has recently expanded into new sectors, providing new digital offerings to ensure we best serve our global markets as a leading supplier of defence business intelligence.
We are now looking for a land warfare editor to develop and generate land warfare-relevant content for Shephard Media’s online news and analysis, digital magazine, podcast and video channels.
The successful candidate will be responsible for writing land warfare news, features, interviews and analysis pieces; cover relevant trade shows and events; and help produce audio and video content.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong interest in the defence sector, experience breaking news in a busy B2B newsroom environment, and the demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. A strong social media profile is also an advantage.
The position is based in our busy West London office but international travel to defence exhibitions and company visits is an integral part of the role.
- Develop and generate land warfare - relevant content for Shephard Media’s online news and analysis, podcast and video channels.
- Maintain the quality of domain editorial coverage, ensuring content is market-leading in terms of its exclusivity, its ability to deliver a business-winning advantage to its audience and its ability to entertain and engage the audience.
- Work with the managing editor, news editor and other domain editors to strengthen Shephard Media’s coverage further, ensuring the company is providing distinct and unique content that cannot be found with other outlets.
- Work with the multimedia journalist and other domain editors to further develop our podcast and video content.
- Work with the Defence Insight analyst team to provide further value to Shephard News content through the addition of market research, forecasting and equipment data.
- Work with the news editor to develop digital-first writing strategies to ensure copy is tailored for the Premium News paywall.
- Experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience delivering breaking news in a busy B2B newsfeed or magazine environment.
- Expertise in editorial processes, ensuring content is of highest editorial quality and standards, and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple daily and weekly deadlines.
- Experience writing in-depth B2B news stories and features, and a demonstrated ability to interview senior industry executives.
- The ability to travel overseas to cover key trade shows and events.
- Knowledge of the defence sector and military equipment is an advantage but not essential.
30 Saville Road
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position