PaRR, a global news service used by lawyers, regulators and companies to keep track of developments in competition law, is looking for a London-based reporter to join its team and take charge of covering the UK and Ireland.
PaRR, is looking for a driven reporter capable of breaking news on issues affecting the world’s largest companies.
Based in the London office of the global group Acuris’ news service, we are looking for an energetic self-starter with a track record for breaking news and the ability:
- To report regularly and swiftly from the London courts and tribunals on competition cases
- To build and maintain a workable network of source contacts
- To maintain regular searches of court registries and provide accurate and fast summaries of decisions and rulings
- Work and think around issues independently and to tight deadlines, and collaborate with colleagues on cross-border issues
- To work closely and maintain good team relations with colleagues in London and Brussels, and across PaRR’s international network in Hong Kong, San Francisco, Shanghai and Washington.
This is an opportunity to work with a highly entrepreneurial team based in Brussels, with the requirement for occasional international travel.
Main skills and qualifications:
- A proven journalistic track record with some experience of financial or legal reporting
- Evidence of swift writing and filing skills, with shorthand or equivalent speed preferred
- Strong organisational and self-starter skills matched with the ability to interact well with a larger team
- The ability to understand and explain complex legal and regulatory issues
- Good networking skills and a determination to break news
If you are interested in this position please apply by clicking the "Apply Online" button below. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
PaRR is an Acuris media company that provides the advisory, corporate and financial communities with forward-looking intelligence, analysis and data that you simply can't get anywhere else.
Our team of over 600 specialist journalists and analysts in 67 locations around the world sets us apart, producing unparalleled proprietary intelligence and in-depth analysis for our subscribers.
Many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates subscribe to our products to spot new business opportunities, increase their revenues and keep several steps ahead of the competition.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.