The energy of a newsroom. The buzz of breaking a big story. We work hard and we work fast, setting the news agenda. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We are looking for a leveraged finance reporter for our markets team, based in London. You will be responsible for breaking stories about new deals and trends in the leveraged finance primary market (loans and/or high-yield bonds) as well as coverage of the secondary market and relevant research.
You should possess a strong understanding of deal flow, structure and pricing and a broad base of syndicate and institutional contacts.
You get excited about breaking news and beating the competition on company strategies, trends, fresh analysis and personalities.
We'll trust you to:
* Break news on new deals and trends in leveraged finance
* Work with your existing sources and develop new ones to generate intelligent, impactful news
* Work with Bloomberg magazines, Markets and BusinessWeek, and talk about the bigger stories on Bloomberg TV and Bloomberg Radio
* Cover breaking news with speed and accuracy
* Write insightful, thought-provoking stories
* Collaborate with colleagues across teams and countries
You'll need to have:
* Previous experience in journalism, preferably in real-time news
* Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
* Ability to generate exclusive, breaking news as well as informative feature stories
* A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.