Contract type: full time for 12 months
Yahoo UK is looking for an experienced lifestyle deputy editor, looking to take the next step in their career. The candidate will support the lifestyle editor and help manage freelancers, compile the daily news list, attend conferences and write content. Experience commissioning, working with data and insights and news wires is a must. Preferably NCTJ qualified.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience working in a busy newsroom;
- Be able to spot a strong news story;
- Have excellent written skills;
- Be confident checking sources and getting comment;
- Be able to determine which story is a priority;
- Have some experience commissioning and managing other writers;
- Have experience using data and insights to guide what content is written;
- Be a team leader; and
- Have a good understanding of video, Photoshop and social media.
What we offer in return:
- The opportunity to have your content seen by millions of people;
- A brilliant working environment;
- The chance to develop your career and support the lifestyle editor in leading a team of in-house writers and beat reporters and freelancers; and
- The chance to work with and learn from established journalists and video editors from numerous leading publications.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position