CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We are shortly opening up a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a Line Producer to join the new team in London.
A successful candidate will:
- As programme editor, build and put to air a daily business show for CGTN Europe. The output includes Europe/Asia financial, trade and investment issues with a special focus on China. Content targeted not to the specialist but to the general global audience
- Report to the Executive Producer Business News CGTN Europe
- Take responsibility for daily program production and workflow; working with a team of producers, reporters, writers, guest bookers and control room/technical staff.
- Write and edit the work of others
- Output the show from a state of the art automated control room.
- Work closely with Planning & Assignment Producers on both daily and long-term story commissioning for business news across Europe and in consultation with the Intake team across the CGTN global network.
With experience within broadcast journalism, you will have experience in live television, preferably at an international news network.
You will also have:
- Extensive knowledge - current events, business, the global economy, geopolitics and international relations, especially Europe and Asia.
- Video edit proficiency with Avid. Adobe, FCP software a plus.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply online.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position