Energy Intelligence is looking for an experienced reporter to help grow and improve our coverage of the rapidly changing global LNG industry. This dynamic role includes coverage of LNG markets in Europe and the Atlantic Basin, as well as broader LNG industry trends for daily and weekly publications. The role offers ample opportunities to grow and develop into new areas including editing of daily and weekly copy, developing new editorial and data products, coverage coordination and client engagement.
- Write LNG market commentary, including explanations of price movements and price outlooks;
- Write forward-looking features and insightful analysis on a range of LNG new topics, including liquefaction and regasification projects in Europe/Atlantic Basin, tanker markets and corporate strategies;
- Compile and analyse proprietary and third-party data to develop a clear picture of LNG market dynamics;
- Compile a weekly assessment of spot prices in Southwest Europe;
- Work collaboratively with an international team to compile accurate and timely market reports;
- Cultivate productive relationships with LNG buyers, sellers, traders and shippers to add depth and insight about market movements;
- Assist in organising daily LNG news coverage, including some editing;
- Act as an LNG subject matter expert in conferences, webinars, podcasts and videos.
Some travel may be necessary.
As part of a growing and dynamic team, you may also be required to carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required of you.
- One to three years' experience of energy commodity market reporting at a price reporting agency or similar, preferably covering the LNG market. Knowledge of the natural gas market is a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of LNG and financial terminology and concepts;
- A proven track record of breaking news;
- Strong analytical skills to gather information and spot and explain important trends;
- A love for primary source reporting;
- Drive to work independently;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Experience formulating price assessments preferred
- Willingness to engage directly with clients on LNG market issues in a confident and professional manner;
- The ability to prioritize and deliver daily, weekly and long-term assignments; • Knowledge of a second language is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree or other relevant professional training/diploma or equivalent experience
This job description is not exhaustive and may be updated to reflect relevant changes in line with business requirements.
Energy Intelligence is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Energy Intelligence will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against applicants or employees because they have enquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another applicant or employee. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as on offer or guarantee of employment.
London Bureau Chief
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position