The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. You have an eye for news that traders and finance professionals need to know, and the skill to translate what it means for markets. You will join the Markets Live team in London, where you will curate the most market-relevant headlines in geopolitics, monetary policy and economic reports and broadcast them over our live audio news channel. You will also contribute to our blog with sharp insights and data-based analysis of trends across various asset classes, as well as collaborate with our team of bloggers. You will be encouraged to look beyond the newsroom and tap market contacts, conferences, academic research and even Twitter to build on your expertise and keep your finger on the pulse of what gets our readers and clients buzzing.
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We’ll trust you to:
- Exercise excellent news judgment
- Provide rates and FX news and commentary for Bloomberg's audio product and cross-asset blog
- Look beyond immediate headlines and identify underlying themes and shifts in global markets
- Write with authority and flair in English
- Be collaborative and work
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience analysing or reporting on global asset markets
- Experience of working in a City environment or real-time news organization
- Strong work ethic and communication skills, team player, ability to work calmly under pressure
- Familiarity with Bloomberg terminal functions (preferred)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.