Practical Publishing International, the UK’s leading independent craft magazine publisher, is looking for creative and dynamic editors to join its busy editorial team.
We’re seeking driven individuals to join our magazine department, which produces market-leading, 4-weekly publications including Crochet Now and Knit Now magazines.
The successful candidates will play a key role in:
- Researching and planning features to run in our market-leading magazines
- Identifying talented contributors to join our design and freelance editorial teams
- Commissioning designers to produce beautiful craft projects which meet the editorial brief
- Commissioning editorial features that will inspire and entertain our target audience
- Ensuring the technical accuracy of project instructions to be published
- Creating concepts for fabulous free gifts to accompany our magazines
- Providing analysis of competing magazines and books
Strengthening links with craft industry advertisers and distributors
The ideal applicants will be passionate and knowledgeable about creative pursuits, as well as being enthusiastic, organised, personable and an effective communicator. Specific knowledge of knitting or crochet would be highly advantageous. Previous editorial experience is preferred, though an eagerness to learn magazine craft is vital.
We can offer a competitive salary, 20 days holiday per year plus Christmas break, and a creative working environment.
This is a full-time position based at our office in Stockport.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you feel you’re ideal for the role to Karen Battrick, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line EDNOW17.
About Practical Publishing
Practical Publishing is the UK’s leading craft magazine publisher. Based in Stockport and privately owned, it publishes a range of craft magazines and books including Simply Cards & Papercraft, Papercraft Essentials, Love Sewing, Crochet Now and Knit Now, which are widely available through supermarkets, newsagents and internationally through specialist retailers.