World News Media is a web and print-based publishing house located in Central London. The company currently publishes four magazines providing expert insight and analysis on the topics of finance, business, technology and business travel. You can view our full list of publications at www.wnmedia.com
We are looking for a university graduate with an interest in pursuing a career in publishing to join our team of features editors as an intern.
Over the course of this three-month internship, the successful candidate will gain experience of working in a fast-paced, tight-knit print team and valuable insight into how magazines are produced. The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, finance or similar, and should have an active interest in both print and online magazine publishing.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the print team in getting magazines ready for publication during all stages of the print cycle
- Helping to sub-edit and proofread content in accordance with our house style guide
- Editing and publishing online news stories, top 5 lists and short articles
- Adding content to Wordpress CMS using SEO-friendly headlines and other elements
- Liaising with clients, PR firms and media contacts and chasing copy
- Sourcing, chasing and quality-checking images
- Writing headlines, standfirsts, article summaries and newsletters
This is a paid internship at £320 a week (£64 per day), and we are looking for people to start as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Send a CV, cover letter and any relevant examples of previous writing or copyediting to Recruitment@WNMedia.com. Please title your email ‘Print internship' and mention that you found this role on Journalism.co.uk
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position
- editorial assistants / trainees editorial assistants / trainees feed
- editors and management editors and management feed
- features features feed
- news news feed
- production and sub-editors production and sub-editors feed
- proofreaders proofreaders feed
- internships internships feed
- social media social media feed