Why join the MoneySuperMarket Content Team?
2019 will be a pivotal year for MoneySuperMarket, and an exciting time to become part of our Content team. With a refreshed strategic direction, a refined target audience and a newly developed brand positioning, content will play a crucial role in putting the customer at the heart of the MoneySuperMarket experience.
We are responsible for the conception, management and delivery of all customer-facing content on MoneySupermarket.com, while supporting the wider strategic initiatives of the marketing and product teams.
Working collaboratively across the Commercial, Marketing and Product teams as well as our commercial partners, you will play a key role in managing content projects from conception through to delivery.
We are looking for someone who is keen to learn and will build on our excellent communication & collaborative tendencies whilst being capable of multi-tasking to a high organizational standard. We are an outgoing, enthusiastic and tenacious bunch that aims high and rarely compromises and are looking for another person in this vein.
Why our role?
Working in collaboration with a number of teams across the business, with your deep industry knowledge and management experience, you have the opportunity to implement and enhance the Content and Audience strategies for MoneySuperMarket.
You will have three core responsibilities:
- Drive customer-first content best practices: Working with the Senior Editor and Content Delivery Manager, you will ensure the appropriate levels of governance and processes are in place to guarantee MoneySuperMarket content is fit for purpose and of high journalistic integrity without compromising commercial objectives.
- Own all content touchpoints: Supporting the Content Lead, you will have oversight of and input into every conversation that impacts the content experience, including but not limited to article and guides pages.
- Strategic and commercial content development: Working with the Merchandising and Audience Development Managers, You will be the point of contact between Content and Commercial, ensuring that business opportunities are mapped, planned, delivered and optimised while driving customer-focused outcomes.
You will ensure that the format & delivery of our Content strategy is digital & mobile first, leads the PCW pack and is appropriately tailored to its intended audience. Your cultural impact will be significant – working collaboratively across multiple teams and commercial partners, to deliver best in class customer outcomes.
You will also play an active role within the PR team, supporting in the following areas -
- Act as a general consumer affairs spokesperson for MSM, particularly with broadcast media, and demonstrate an ability to explain market developments in simple and reassuring language for the consumer (i.e. what does it mean for me?).
- Provide support for the PR team in devising positioning / commentary for both proactive campaigns and reactive opportunities.
- Provide technical review of press releases.
- Monitor consumer / provider trends and issues, with a view to developing story ideas in partnership with the PR team.
What will you be doing?
- Lead the ideation and development of our MoneySuperMarket’s strategic content offer (including but not limited to Investments, Insurance, Energy, In-Depth and Special Reports)
- Support the Senior Editor shaping requirements and manage the delivery of content for new propositions including Mortgages and Credit Monitor.
- Work with the Merchandising and Audience Development Managers to ensure that commercial opportunities are mapped, planned, delivered and optimised while driving customer-focused outcomes.
- Support the marketing team with content contractor & agency management, including PR, as required.
- Act as an intermediary between various teams across the MSM vertical organisation structure, providing ad hoc and consultative support as required.
- Own editorial standards and governance, including processes for ensuring compliance requirements are met.
- Work with all content stakeholders to ensure content experience consistency, including brand messaging, style and tone, is present across all marketing channels and touchpoints.
- Support the new Merchandising Manager anddelivery process and implement a set of recommendations around how it can evolve and mature.
- Support the Content Lead in ensuring our brand is integrated and amplified across all customer touchpoints.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Extensive previous experience as a personal finance journalist.
- Experience working across marketing functions including CRM, Search, PR and ideally, product.
- Experience of delivering sponsored content.
- Line management experience, preferably with freelancers and external agencies.
- Budget management.
- Proficiency with planning and/or project management platforms.
- Exceptional influencing and stakeholder management skills – ability to influence cross-functionally with external partners and leaders within the business.
- Proficiency with analytics and reporting tools and dashboards
- Presentation skills – able to fluently and clearly present strategy, plans and recommendation.
- Interest in and passion for digital landscape & finger on pulse of content & consumer trends.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position