An exciting opportunity has arisen for a managing editor to join our modern military team.
You will be responsible for overseeing content production for Key Publishing's modern military aviation brands, including print and digital content.
You will ensure content created is on-schedule, within budget and provides an excellent basis for advertising and other revenue-generating tactics.
As a senior member of editorial staff, your input into planning and strategy decisions is essential.
Ideally, you will have an interest in, and understanding of, the aviation sector, or at least an enthusiasm to immerse yourself in it.
Key accountabilities / responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth flow of material through the quality-control process across multiple magazines and digital platforms
- Ensure all Key systems and processes are used and maintained
- Support the editor-at-large in meeting budgets and managing costs
- Sub-edit/proofread copy where needed, ensuring excellent quality control
- Proactively support and attend shows, events and other related activities as appropriate to the development of the brand
- Work with the team to assess manuscripts/other contributions and ascertain their suitability or need for further research/photography/other images for use
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ability to quickly embrace appropriate software, social media and content management systems
- Strong specialist knowledge, or a clear willingness to learn
- Ability to create accessible, impactful content, in line with the audience profile and with adherence to agreed style and format
- Thorough knowledge of publishing and the law, especially relating to libel; ascertaining copyright and breaching thereof
- Appreciation of what constitutes good illustration/design
- Understanding of audience needs and wants and how to meet them
- Print craft skills, digital skills and social media expertise
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to assess/predict competing brands; to keep abreast of developments and trends in the market.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position