Position: Managing editor (multimedia)
Contract type: Permanent
Start time: Immediate
Application deadline: 28th February 2019. Previous applicants for the Multimedia Editor role need not apply.
About the role
chinadialogue is seeking a managing editor to help us deliver engaging multimedia content as part of a diverse and exciting mix of editorial projects. We’re looking for a proactive, highly organised and self-motivated individual to join our London office.
- working closely with the London editorial team to research, commission, plan and coordinate the delivery of multimedia articles;
- liaising with chinadialogue editorial teams in Beijing, Delhi and Latin America on joint editorial projects;
- liaising with specialist content producers to deliver multimedia content to deadline;
- coordinating translation of content and editing translated content;
- managing and tracking copy flow;
- working with the production manager to prepare content for online publication;
- experience commissioning or creating journalistic multimedia content such as infographics, maps, videos and photography;
- ability to turn complex information into straightforward and compelling visual media;
- ability to develop and maintain a strong network of designers, illustrators, photographers, video producers, and content specialists;
- excellent writing and editing;
- proven interest in and knowledge of environment and climate change issues;
- a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- strong project management, problem-solving and cross-cultural communication skills;
- ability to multitask, work independently and meet strict deadlines;
- native-level English language.
- experience in web publishing and social media;
- interest in or knowledge of China;
- Chinese language skills
How to apply
Please send a CV with references, a covering letter, and 2-3 examples of recent, relevant work, at least one of which should contain multimedia content, and two multimedia article pitches to: email@example.com
Applications should be submitted in English.
For information about how we handle your data, please read our privacy notice.
chinadialogue (www.chinadialogue.net) was established in 2006 and has a strong track record of disseminating high-quality information and promoting communication on environment and climate change in both Chinese and English. We provide a space for open discussion, with the aim of informing and educating international and Chinese readers, and contributing to building equitable and constructive solutions to global environmental problems.
chinadialogue researches, writes, commissions, edits and publishes bilingual online articles, reports, and book reviews on the environment and climate change.
chinadialogue also works closely with its network of sister websites – chinadialogue ocean, The Third Pole, India Climate Dialogue and Diálogo Chino – cross-publishing relevant material in order to better serve our readerships. In the coming years, we plan to deepen these relationships, drawing on the resources we have established over the past decade to generate new synergies in content, from grassroots reporting to high-level analysis in a truly global dialogue.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position