The Role: Managing Editor, Verified Carbon Credit Markets (12 month FTC)
The Team: S&P Global Commodity Insights is the leading provider of energy pricing, news, and analytics. We are seeking a Managing Editor (maternity cover) for our growing Carbon Markets pricing team, overseeing the verified credits or voluntary market. This role sits within the Global Carbon Team, which is part of the wider Energy Transition pricing group.
The Impact: This role is of strategic importance: It will lead a growing team of reporters to discover prices for verified carbon credits, to support a transparent energy transition. The Managing Editor collaborates closely with other teams and internal stakeholders.
What’s in it for you: This is a unique chance to lead a rapidly expanding team in emerging global markets. You will have the opportunity to become a thought leader in this space, with opportunities to present to a diverse audience. The role offers a wide-ranging portfolio of products and responsibilities, encompassing daily market reporting, team leadership and innovating Verified Carbon Credit pricing products.
Provide Team Leadership:
- Drive news coverage and strategic source development via the team.
- Train, coach and mentor line reports across different locations.
- Execute strategy in line with Carbon and wider Energy Transition goals.
Drive Methodological Excellence:
- Solicit and manage market feedback to review and develop (new) prices.
- Ensure a consistent implementation of the methodology in all price assessments.
- Clearly communicate the methodology, both internally and externally.
Lead Stakeholder Engagement and Education:
- Manage external engagement activities, act as a spokesperson for price discovery in Carbon-accounted commodity markets and serve as subject matter expert.
- Lead on collaboration with other teams and functions, as well as external partners.
- Ensure adherence to the IOSCO Principles for Price Reporting Agencies, working with the Market Assessment Quality team.
What We’re Looking For:
- Educated to (four-year Bachelor’s) degree level and at least three years’ experience of reporting, analysis or editorial management experience.
- Proven public speaking abilities. The successful candidate will be an ambassador for what we do and an accomplished and confident speaker.
- Proven management capabilities. This position will be responsible for a consistent approach to methodology, compliance, and delivery across the team.
- Curious and collaborative. The preferred candidate will be able to successfully lead the team across functions and locations to deliver against a wider business strategy.
- High attention to detail. This role is responsible for ensuring that correct sourcing practices are followed, methodologies are applied, and prices are assessed accurately at all times.
- Innovative. This position is critical in driving price discovery and establishing emerging pricing benchmarks in evolving environmental markets.
- Experience covering commodity markets and/or environmental regulation.
- Master’s degree in a relevant area.
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return-to-Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
The Location: London or Gurgaon.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, please click here.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
About S&P Global Commodity Insights
At S&P Global Commodity Insights, our complete view of global energy and commodities markets enables our customers to make decisions with conviction and create long-term, sustainable value.
We’re a trusted connector that brings together thought leaders, market participants, governments, and regulators to co-create solutions that lead to progress. Vital to navigating Energy Transition, S&P Global Commodity Insights’ coverage includes oil and gas, power, chemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Commodity Insights is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets. With every one of our offerings, we help many of the world’s leading organizations navigate the economic landscape so they can plan for tomorrow, today.
For more information, visit http://www.spglobal.com/commodity-insights.
What’s In It For You?
Progress is not a self-starter. It requires a catalyst to be set in motion. Information, imagination, people, technology–the right combination can unlock possibility and change the world.
Our world is in transition and getting more complex by the day. We push past expected observations and seek out new levels of understanding so that we can help companies, governments and individuals make an impact on tomorrow. At S&P Global we transform data into Essential Intelligence®, pinpointing risks and opening possibilities. We Accelerate Progress.
We're more than 35,000 strong worldwide—so we're able to understand nuances while having a broad perspective. Our team is driven by curiosity and a shared belief that Essential Intelligence can help build a more prosperous future for us all.
From finding new ways to measure sustainability to analyzing energy transition across the supply chain to building workflow solutions that make it easy to tap into insight and apply it. We are changing the way people see things and empowering them to make an impact on the world we live in. We’re committed to a more equitable future and to helping our customers find new, sustainable ways of doing business. We’re constantly seeking new solutions that have progress in mind. Join us and help create the critical insights that truly make a difference.
Integrity, Discovery, Partnership
At S&P Global, we focus on Powering Global Markets. Throughout our history, the world's leading organizations have relied on us for the Essential Intelligence they need to make confident decisions about the road ahead. We start with a foundation of integrity in all we do, bring a spirit of discovery to our work, and collaborate in close partnership with each other and our customers to achieve shared goals.
We take care of you, so you can take care of business. We care about our people. That’s why we provide everything you—and your career—need to thrive at S&P Global.
Our benefits include:
- Health & Wellness: Health care coverage designed for the mind and body.
- Flexible Downtime: Generous time off helps keep you energized for your time on.
- Continuous Learning: Access a wealth of resources to grow your career and learn valuable new skills.
- Invest in Your Future: Secure your financial future through competitive pay, retirement planning, a continuing education program with a company-matched student loan contribution, and financial wellness programs.
- Family Friendly Perks: It’s not just about you. S&P Global has perks for your partners and little ones, too, with some best-in class benefits for families.
- Beyond the Basics: From retail discounts to referral incentive awards—small perks can make a big difference.
For more information on benefits by country visit: https://www.spglobal.com/en/careers/our-culture/
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at S&P Global:
At S&P Global, we believe diversity fuels creative insights, equity unlocks opportunity, and inclusion drives growth and innovation – Powering Global Markets. Our commitment centers on our global workforce, ensuring that our people are empowered to bring their whole selves to work. It doesn’t stop there, we strive to better reflect and serve the communities in which we live and work, and advocate for greater opportunity for all.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position