Allan & Associates is recruiting for an experienced Managing Editor to oversee the output of its Information Services Department. The department is responsible for producing a wide range of bespoke and subscription-based country and travel risk analysis, commercial intelligence and threat assessment products. The position will be based in our London office and start at the beginning of May.
The Managing Editor will combine creativity and analytical rigour with the practical focus of an operations manager. Applicants must be able to commission innovative and thoughtful content and see it through to publication. The role requires excellent organisational and leaderships skills as well as a highly developed problem-solving ability.
- Commission and approve assignments for in-house and external analysts, control schedules and enforce deadlines
- Ensure factual integrity, commercial relevance, timeliness and adherence to house style of all analytical output
- Manage the hiring, training, mentoring and supervision of a team of analysts and sub-editors
- Plan and manage day-to-day departmental operations
- Oversee digital content management and geographic information systems
- Liaise with and task external web developers
- Present at events and conferences, and appear on broadcast and in print media
- Support business development activities
- Extensive experience in, and deep understanding of, the commercial risk intelligence industry
- Deep knowledge of international relations and global security issues
- Ability to rapidly process English language copy covering global political, commercial and travel related security issues to an exceptionally high standard
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills
- Outstanding communication skills and a personable character
- Knowledge of digital content management and geographic information systems
- Knowledge of publishing and photo editing software
- Academic qualifications in relevant fields
To apply for this vacancy please submit a detailed CV and cover letter highlighting relevant skills and experience to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Friday 27 April but we may begin interviewing before this date so we encourage candidates to submit applications as early as possible.
Allan & Associates is not able to sponsor visa applications and candidates must be able to demonstrate their legal right to work in the UK.
Please visit our website for full details https://www.allan-assoc.com/careers/managing-editor/