Decrypt - managing editor (London office, or remote UK)
What you will be working on:
Decrypt is looking for a managing editor to help drive its news output forward and continue to grow its rapidly expanding user base. Are you a dab hand at overseeing content across an editorial team? Do you want to be part of a radical new type of media company helping usher in the blockchain and Web 3 age? Step right this way. We’re looking for someone who knows crypto inside and out, can edit news and features, can write themselves and be able to juggle multiple balls at once.
What is Decrypt?:
Decrypt is a rapidly growing media company for the Web 3 age. What does that mean? It means that we are not only a guide to this radical new space being built on blockchain, but we also integrate this technology as part of our experience. Trust, markets, content creation, community and revenue streams are being re-invented and recalibrated. We’re looking to blend these radical innovations into high-calibre storytelling and product-first experience.
Decrypt is backed by ConsenSys, an international blockchain venture studio.
- You have at least two years managing editorial teams;
- You have strong experience in getting the best out of the writing talent and helping content teams operate at their best;
- You have a background in online journalism or content creation;
- You have an excellent grasp of blockchain and cryptocurrencies;
- You possess excellent analytical abilities and are familiar with tools such as Google Analytics;
- You have impeccable editing skills and attention to detail;
- You possess outstanding organisational and operational qualities;
- You have strong experience working with google analytics and other tracking tools;
- You have demonstrable experience growing the audience on previous teams; and
- Your time management is excellent.
The primary responsibility of a managing editor at Decrypt is to oversee the daily output of stories across the team. This means running a daily news meeting, a weekly features meeting, and commissioning and running freelancers across the following areas:
- News - overseeing a consistent output and editing;
- Coin bulletin - supporting and advising the coin bulletin editor; and
- Features - working alongside our features editor to help produce brilliant long-form content from our writing team.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- To lead the content team in growing and increase content output consistently;
- To maintain a consistently high standard of editorial through your editing and guidance;
- To work alongside our growth engineer and editor-in-chief to understand how to grow an audience sustainable;
- To always be actively monitor google analytics and looking for opportunities to grow our audience;
- To always be looking to understand the motives and intent of our users;
- To align our product and content strategies in the day-to-day overseeing of the team;
- To align our content to our network of distribution channels; and
- Ideally have a playbook for ideas for areas to improve and work on inside the team.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on a rapidly growing consumer product in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space;
- Work alongside an experienced, international team;
- Remote working (with access to brand new office space in London);
- Access to an ecosystem of entrepreneurs and builders at the forefront of Web 3.0; and
- Host of competitive benefits including health care, dental, flexible holidays and other perks.
Head of Product
2 Leonard Circus
62 Paul Street
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position