An opportunity to join a small and vibrant publishing company in Central Bristol, taking on responsibility for all B2B magazines in the Voyageur Publishing stable. These are the International Travel & Health Insurance Journal (ITIJ), International Hospitals & Healthcare Review (IHHR), AirMed & Rescue and various other monthly supplements.
The managing editor will oversee the department, leading the editorial team with energy and passion for great editorial content, as well as a keen eye for sales and business development opportunities.
This is very much a 'shirt sleeves' role, and your primary responsibilities will include taking on leadership of the editorial team as a whole, including:
- Commissioning, writing and sub-editing content
- Identifying and organising training opportunities
- Offering support and guidance where necessary
- Attending weekly management meetings
- Co-ordinating Adobe products across the team
- Overseeing regular content creation meetings to ensure relevant market opportunities are being exploited
- At least four years of editing a B2B magazine
- Familiarity with SEO concepts
- Libel training
- CMS abilities
- Social media training
- Experience of working with (or in) sales and marketing teams.
- Experience of managing an editorial team
- Experience of project management and ensuring adherence to deadlines
International Travel & Health Insurance Journal
19 Lower Park Row
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position