This is an excellent opportunity to forge your career covering the economically and politically influential sector of global energy and commodities. You will apply and develop your skills across daily news reporting, market analysis, features and editorials in this fast-paced environment with the highest standards of journalistic independence and integrity. There are opportunities to travel and present papers at industry conferences and lead webinar sessions.
- Monitor and assess markets to produce daily price assessments, market analysis, news and reports, graphs and charts, adhering to Argus’ editorial standards and compliance processes
- Engage with the industry to ensure a close understanding of market developments through daily contact with traders, brokers, investors and key market figures to build relationships and gather news
- Contribute high quality and original copy to relevant publications and the on-line news service, following house style
- Attend meetings, conferences and industry events to build contacts, report on news and represent Argus
- Be rigorous in applying Argus’ methodology and contribute to the development of the methodology
Skills and Experience
- A graduate with a strong degree
- Ability to develop, source and write industry relevant news to deadline
- Knowledge of the energy and commodity sectors useful but not essential
- Excellent writing, grammar and numeracy skills (these will be tested as part of the interview process)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to network and build contacts with industry executives
- Strong co-ordination and time management skills with the ability to work well within a team
- Additional languages are useful but not essential
- Demonstrable interest in global business and politics
- Self motivated, able to use initiative and equipped with an inquisitive nature
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with more than 850 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 21 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets, and also offers bespoke consulting services and industry leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest. Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Argus is a leading provider of data on prices and fundamentals, news, analysis, consultancy services and conferences for the global crude, oil products, LPG, natural gas, electricity, coal, emissions, bioenergy, fertilizer, petrochemical, metals and transportation industries. Data provided by Argus are widely used for indexation of physical trade. Companies, governments and international agencies use Argus information for analysis and planning purposes.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below