Job Title: Market Reporter/Senior Reporter, LNG (275)
Job type: Permanent
Location: London Head Office, Holborn
Reporting Relationship: Editor - LNG
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
We are currently looking for a market reporter/senior reporter to join our global Genfuels editorial team covering the burgeoning LNG market.
This is an excellent opportunity for an inquisitive, numerate and highly motivated journalist to develop expertise in a rapidly evolving segment of the politically significant global energy market. You will have a passion for understanding how complex systems work and will relish the prospect of developing your skills in a role that melds data-driven analysis with traditional relationship-based journalism.
Your role will include spot news reporting and writing market analysis, features and editorials as well as assessing prices. The environment is fast-paced, but values careful thought. You will be self-starting and enjoy collaborative work with colleagues from a range of backgrounds, many located in Argus’ other offices around the globe.
There are opportunities to travel and attend industry events, and to develop networks/specific market knowledge, as well as to present at industry conferences and lead webinar sessions.
- Monitor and assess markets to produce daily price assessments, market analysis, news and reports
- Daily contact with traders, brokers, investors and key market figures to build relationships and gather news
- Find engaging ways to explain complex issues – including using charts and graphics as appropriate
- Help to build and curate data sets that help explain market dynamics
- Attend meetings, conferences and industry events to build contacts, report on news and represent Argus
Skills and Experience
- A graduate with a strong degree
- Ability to develop, source and write industry relevant news to deadline
- Knowledge of the energy and commodity sectors useful but not essential
- Excellent writing, grammar and numeracy skills (these will be tested as part of the interview process)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to network and build contacts with industry executives
- Strong co-ordination and time management skills
- Additional languages useful but not essential
- Proficiency/past experience working with Excel
- Demonstrable interest in global business and politics
- Self motivated, able to use initiative and inquisitive by nature
- Strong social skills and team-oriented
About Argus Media
Argus is a leading energy and commodity price reporting agency providing data, news and insight as well as conference and consulting services. Companies in more than 140 countries around the world use Argus prices to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus' 900 employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position