Red Snapper Media, publishers of the market-leading website PoliceOracle.com, is looking for an Editor to work for our highly regarded and trusted brand.
Red Snapper Media reaches the largest audience of police and justice professionals in the UK, publishing a market leading network of digital media titles dedicated to the police, offender management, criminal justice and enforcement practitioner audiences.
Police Oracle is the UK’s largest provider of police news and information, publishing the latest stories on police jobs, transfers, equipment, pay and conditions and training.
We have more than 47,000 paid subscribers, 206,000 registered profiles and regularly hit 500,000 page views a month.
Your role will cover:
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with key stakeholders within the sector
- Managing good practice, governance and in depth analysis of published content
- Developing and implementing an editorial strategy for the business
- Campaigning on issues, conducting in depth research using FOIs and contacts, to break news first and shed light on important issues
- Keeping pace with emerging issues and sector trends
- Reading and managing content and images, ensure suitability for intended readers
- Verifying facts using standard reference sources
- Evaluate submissions from freelance writers and contributors
- Work with reporters to help their ideas and stories succeed and maximise potential exclusives
- Plan content of digital media publications according to Red Snapper Media’s style and editorial policy
- Develop story and content ideas
- Hold daily news meetings and compile news lists
- Approve all final versions of copy submitted by staff and outside contributors
- Ensure all areas and sections of the website are populated with new/recent copy.
- Manage team, taking responsibility for performance reviews, recruitment and training.
- Manage reporter workload and deadlines
- Approve invoices, and staff expenses
- Manage social media comments and respond when necessary
How to apply
To apply, please email a covering letter and a copy of your CV to the Human Resources Manager, Jane Salmon, firstname.lastname@example.org or click the "apply online" button.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position