CGTN - the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on 31 December 2016.
CGTN's aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organisations by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
Our London office at Chiswick Park houses a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English-language platforms.
We are now seeking a media manager to join the team in London.
- Download and ingest video and audio material from a variety of sources to the server as requested.
- Ingest packages and footage from outside correspondents.
- Work with video editors and editorial staff in the newsroom to co-ordinate the flow of video and production of news packages for daily broadcast.
- Set up daily feeds.
- Download shared video material from other production centres in the CGTN Network.
- Archive locally generated material, programs and news packages.
- Assist outside correspondents with footage requests.
- Be prepared to work varied shift hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff.
With a good understanding of current methods of video delivery including FTP, inter-site transfer methods and direct delivery by satellite/fibre, you will be familiar with naming conventions as well as the various standards of video format - eg HD/SD, NTSC/PAL, 1080i etc.
You will also:
- Possess a clear understanding of TV news production including editorial, logistical and operational techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience with IT tools to perform these tasks is desirable.
- Maintain a keen focus on and awareness of global news events and personalities.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position