Media Relations Executive – Business Services Department, Manchester
Leigh Day is seeking to appoint a dynamic, organised and motivated professional as its media relations executive. It is an excellent opportunity to join a coveted, award winning, specialist law firm, with one of the highest legal media profiles in UK and around the world.
The ground breaking work of the firm opposes corporations and governments; this leads to challenges in the media as well as many opportunities to highlight the work the firm does. The media relations department looks to build the profile of the firm, protect its reputation, but more importantly, to ensure the client’s interests are always met.
Key tasks and responsibilities;
Working directly with the Senior Media Relations Manager and the Head of Media Relations, the role holder support the work of the press office team by drafting website content, maintaining and updating contact list and planners and identifying opportunities for media relations work through news diaries, current affairs and social media.
To be successful you must have:
- relevant media relations or journalism experience and good news sense and knowledge of current affairs;
- excellent organisational skills;
- proven ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally;
- demonstrable experience of working within a busy environment, independently managing own tasks and prioritising work;
- demonstrable experience of working in a team and providing support to a team;
- proven ability in demonstrating patience, resilience and flexibility whilst managing daily tasks and stakeholder relationships;
- understanding of main social media channels;
- intermediate level proficiency in working with MS Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), HTML and CMS platforms;
- a good understanding and appreciation of Leigh Day values and ethos.
Please visit our website https://www.leighday.co.uk/Careers/Professional-support to download the job description and application form.
This is a full-time, permanent post.
Please return the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th January 2019.
- A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
- A copy of your up-to-date CV.
- The completed application form (downloadable from our website).
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, to discuss your requirements.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position