Two media training account manager vacancies at Media First
Location: Reading, Berkshire, with potential home-working options following successful induction
Salary: Realistic OTE of £33,000 rising to circa £40,000 in year two
Holiday: 21 days per annum rising to 25
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Reporting to: Managing director
We are looking for two people to join our small, but successful account management team working with journalists to provide communications training to some of the world’s largest brands.
Reporting to the managing director, the right candidate will have account management/sales experience, while a background in media, journalism, marketing or PR would also be advantageous.
Media First is an established media and communications training company based in Reading, Berkshire. For more than 30 years we have been designing and delivering bespoke media, communication and leadership training which helps senior executives and other spokespeople to get their message across to journalists and wider audiences.
The successful candidate will be hungry to succeed with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
They will be expected to work closely with new and existing clients to understand the communication challenges they face and to offer solutions through individually tailored training programmes.
The role includes:
- Managing existing client training needs and winning new business
- Working with our operations team to ensure an excellent client experience
- Attending briefing sessions with clients and understanding their requirements
- Writing tailored quotes, proposals, and reports
- Selecting appropriate trainers for each course and producing detailed pre-course briefings
- Managing and reviewing course feedback and liaising with clients to ensure quality of work remains to the highest standards and continues to meet their needs.
Details of skills and attributes required:
- Relevant account management and/or business development experience
- A good understanding of media/PR and an interest in leadership training
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- A great work ethic
- Organised, confident and self-motivated
- A willingness to learn, be successful and contribute to a busy but fun working environment.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Uncapped monthly, quarterly and yearly bonuses
- Home working options (upon completion of induction)
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Fast-paced working environment
- High-profile clients
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Friendly, sociable team
- Free parking and central Reading location.
How to apply: Applicants should send send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31st January
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position
- broadcast journalists broadcast journalists feed
- copywriters copywriters feed
- editors and management editors and management feed
- media sales media sales feed
- news news feed
- production and sub-editors production and sub-editors feed
- public relations public relations feed
- section editors section editors feed
- new media new media feed
- social media social media feed