The role: Metals and mining industry editor
The Location: London
Grade: G10 (Internal use only)
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking an industry editor for our London office. On a daily basis, you will edit news articles and features for accuracy, style and content, adhering to tight deadlines.
You will help develop fresh story ideas; deliver sharp, concise content; and prioritize news coverage. As one of the team's managers, you will also use your strong leadership skills to coach and mentor direct reports and team members in Europe and other locations around the world (Australia, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Pakistan and India).
You will suggest ways to improve our processes and coverage.
The impact: Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership of investment bankers and managers and other professionals in the global business community.
This position is part of the metals and mining team, which offers timely coverage of the global mining and commodities sector. Our content reaches an influential readership that includes leading global financial institutions and influential mining companies. Our massive database, with comprehensive coverage of the market, regulatory and corporate data, offers ample opportunities to enhance and drive our reporting.
The career opportunity: You will have a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally in this role. Editors have the opportunity to take on direct reports and move up the career ladder to positions with increasing levels of responsibility. S&P Global Market Intelligence is unique in that it provides for growth not only within a sector, but also among other sectors within our newsroom or even other groups and cross-functional teams.
The team: With more than 300 reporters and editors across five continents, our industry editors work every day with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, enabling us all to develop a close team dynamic with colleagues from around the globe.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field.
- Proven business journalism experience.
- Command of journalistic best practices (AP style, libel issues, etc.). Strong editing skills a must.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Knowledge of the mining industry or commodities markets a big advantage.
- Experience of management is preferred.
- Must have an affinity for analysing numbers, using in-house data intelligence, financial reports and other industry information.
- Fluency in English necessary.
* You will be required to pass an editing test to be considered for an interview
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position
- broadcast journalists broadcast journalists feed
- copywriters copywriters feed
- editorial assistants / trainees editorial assistants / trainees feed
- editors and management editors and management feed
- news news feed
- production and sub-editors production and sub-editors feed
- section editors section editors feed
- specialist writers specialist writers feed
- social media social media feed