Why join the MoneySavingExpert.com team?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money. The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer - and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work. If you are inspired by what we do, and have the enthusiasm and skills we seek, joining MSE might just be the right next step for you.
Why our role?
We are looking for a talented analyst, writer & researcher to join the editorial team in our central London office, working within our money team. The successful candidate will be (or become) an expert on topics including banking, savings, credit cards and more.
The basics of the role are to analyse products in the banking and saving markets, and add the best to MoneySavingExpert’s on-site guides and tools. You’ll need to ensure the content in MSE’s guides, tools and weekly email is 100% accurate and up-to-date – that all product details are correct, all relevant products are included and all statements made in the guides, tools and email are factually accurate.
But, we’re looking for someone who will also be able to pitch new and innovative ideas, and to take complex money topics and make them easy to understand. You will also work on writing blogs, news stories and new MoneySavingExpert site guides, as well as pitching ideas and producing content for the MSE weekly email.
What will you be doing?
- Uploading information on new and existing products to the website, plus checking accuracy of product details in MoneySavingExpert guides, tools and the weekly email.
- Proactively sourcing and verifying information on new products that have entered the market. This will involve a mix of checking comparison websites, fielding calls from providers and proactively contacting providers regularly to ensure the information we display is most up to date and as comprehensive as it can possibly be.
- Keeping on top of market and industry changes and pitching ideas for the weekly email and the daily news meeting.
- Writing accurate and easy-to-understand content for onsite guides and the weekly email, plus writing news stories and MoneySaving blogs.
- Suggesting and implementing guide and calculator/tool restructures with the help of analytics where necessary to optimise content.
- Correctly prioritising workload to ensure all updates are completed within deadlines/target timeframes.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Excellent analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Competent and happy dealing with numbers.
- A way with words, making complex ideas easy to understand.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines/targets.
- A flexible and adaptable approach, with a desire to learn and grow.
- A knack for spotting a story in data & bringing those stories to life.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to react quickly to market changes.
- Operational experience including effective time management & prioritisation skills .
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the banking and savings markets.
- Experience of writing online.
- Experience of using AEM content management system.
Please be aware that any offer for this role will be subject to a range of colleague checks that may include: identity, right to work in the UK, credit, criminal record, references and, where relevant, professional qualifications.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position