Create info-graphics and graphic elements to assist this newly established London based team for this global television network’s digital department.
CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We are shortly opening up a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a motion graphics designer to join the new team in London.
- Create infographics and graphic elements for day to day output around news and feature vertical video content aimed at social media
- Develop templates for new video formats
- Work with journalists to suggest graphic ideas and how to improve visual impact of content
As much of the content will be newsy, with a focus on business, tech and environmental issues, an interest in these areas will be beneficial. You will be part of a new and dynamic team, featuring a range of different skills – you must be able to take the initiative and self-start while also being an excellent team player. In a newsroom, some content is time sensitive, while other material can have a longer gestation, you will need to be able to prioritise and deliver to deadlines
You will also:
- Be able to demonstrate a past record of creating and executing on ideas
- Have an excellent understanding of social media and how to drive engagement
- Be able to work fast and accurately
- Be great working as part of a team
- Be familiar with common video editing platforms, as well as graphics software
- Be flexible and able to adapt to the different demands of audiences
- Experience working with data stories is an advantage
- UX skills will also be useful
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please click "apply online" below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position