The Road Transport Industry is a dynamic, business critical sector upon which the UK economy depends. The Road Haulage Association (RHA) is the only UK trade association dedicated solely to the needs of UK road transport operators. It is the voice of the road haulage profession, a champion of its interests and a respected partner to the broader logistics community. We represent approximately 7,000 member companies.
You will be a trained journalist working across all the Roadway platforms – digital and print as well as other key internal communications such as our Connect Brief. You will be an enthusiastic and creative multimedia reporter with experience of working in digital media and you’ll also supply production and administrative support to the marketing and communications team. This person is also responsible for the production of the RHA Haulage Manual.
RHA Haulage Manual (annual):
Liaise with expert authors; sub-edit chapters where necessary to comply with the editorial style and to achieve consistency and continuity. Layout pages to approved template; coordinate proof reading and working with the editorial and sales team, see the manual through to publication.
Roadway – daily and monthly:
The Multimedia Reporter will be called upon to:
- Write news and features for RoadwayLive and Roadway under direction of Editors to deadlines – both daily and monthly.
- Proactively suggest items and stories for publication on a daily basis
- Write news stories for digital and print outlets and shoot-edit videos on a regular basis.
- Write stories for Facebook on a daily basis and other social media as required.
- Field any publication enquiries in the absence of senior colleagues
- Research special projects to tight deadlines
- Proof read and sub-edit copy.
- Write FR8 copy for Newsletter under direction of Digital Content Editor weekly
- Liaise with colleagues on copy delivery times for Connect Brief. Chase copy when necessary.
- Copy-edit and layout the newsletter and assist with publication and distribution, fortnightly.
- Assist Marketing operations
Support in-house advertisement sales team to ensure an accurate record of advertisement bookings and contracts is kept. Maintain the advertisement copy library. Assist Art & Production Editor to produce house advertisements when required. Ensure weekly updated booking sheets and monthly invoicing sheets are accurate and up to date and that a copy is supplied to production editors in accordance with production schedules. Liaise with advertisers and copy chase as required.
The role holder could also be expected to perform other duties as required.
- This person is required to be extremely hard-working and enthusiastic journalist and to perform to high standards a variety of tasks varying from simple administration to more creative and writing tasks.
- A very high standard of attention to detail is required.
- Must have demonstrable team skills.
- Excellent written English is a must.
- Good time management and the ability to multi-task is essential.
- Fully conversant with: Microsoft Office (essential), Adobe InDesign CS (essential), social media use and an understanding of SEO, plus the ability to write effective copy of the web are highly beneficial.
- Must be a team player.
- Have the experience of conducting public awareness campaigns across social media would be beneficial.
Key Qualifications & Experience:
Should be educated to degree or post-grad level in journalism. Experience working in a digital and print media environment is required.
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below