Job title: Multimedia journalist
Reporting to: VP content
For almost 40 years, Shephard Media has been providing high-quality business intelligence to the aerospace and defence markets, through a combination of magazines, online news services, and handbooks.
Particularly well known within the rotorcraft, unmanned vehicles, C4ISR, naval and land warfare markets, Shephard Media has recently expanded into new sectors, providing new digital offerings to ensure that we best serve our global markets as a leading supplier of defence business intelligence.
We are now looking for a specialist multimedia journalist to help further develop our video, podcast and online content across Shephard Media’s news channels.
The successful candidate will tell stories through words, pictures, audio and video for our website and digital defence magazines.
We are looking for someone who works quickly and accurately under pressure, is able to develop their own stories, can understand and condense technically complex topics and is looking to make their mark in the defence publishing sector.
The role includes conducting interviews with leading business professionals, CEOs and military leaders in order to produce high quality video and podcast interviews so the ability to think on your feet is essential.
The position is based in our busy West London office but international travel to defence exhibitions and company visits is an integral part of the role.
- Deliver high-quality, thoroughly-researched, accurate and engaging multimedia content that drives our digital audience.
- Help increase the quality and output of our podcast, video and image content using existing resources and through the introduction of new tools.
- Help to strengthen Shephard Media’s coverage further, ensuring the company is providing distinct and unique content that engages audiences and cannot be found with other outlets.
- Provide coverage of press events, exhibitions and daily online news through video/podcast interviews as well as being on camera yourself to present news items and provide informed context.
- Maintain a schedule of multimedia news coverage in conjunction with the VP Content and shape content that best suits specific online platforms.
- Develop and maintain a network of industry/military contacts in order to ensure our multimedia content is strong as possible and help promote relevant content.
- Maintain a professional social media presence to engage with the readership and promote our digital products.
You’ll have an NCTJ-accredited journalism degree, multimedia qualification or similar and be able to hit the ground running in producing valuable content for the news team.
You will have experience using standard audio and video recording equipment and editing software and be comfortable on both sides of a video camera/digital recorder.
You must be able to travel overseas to cover key trade shows and events, while knowledge of the defence sector and military equipment is an advantage but not essential.
30 Saville Road
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position