This is a six month fixed term contract.
We have an exciting opportunity for a national sport social media editor to join the team on a six month fixed term contract.
You will be responsible for leading digital publishing across social media and supporting audience growth.
This is a home working role so can be based anywhere in the UK.
Due to the urgency of these roles we will be reviewing applications as they are received, so please do not delay in applying to avoid missing out.
- Manage social media channels in accordance with best practice and priorities
- Use social media analytics to drive audience growth and engagement
- Help to promote and drive interest in newsletters and other new content formats
- Implement projects to grow registered users
- Ensure sports digital content strategy is delivered locally
- Find new ways to promote content off-platform and find new readers
- Provide cover for content editors (if experienced) or content writers as and when required
- Content edit locally sourced material as part of content editing team
- Managing social media and audience relationships as and when required
- Working across sports vertical as and when required
- Writing, regularly, and maintaining a public-facing profile across sites
The ideal candidate
- First-class content editing experience
- A clear understanding of social media
- Strong team player
- Strong people management skills with a successful background in developing and managing people
- Digital publishing skills and experience
- Social media skills
- Passion for digital storytelling in journalism
- Deep knowledge of media law
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position