Across our regional titles, our What's On sections have grown extensively to become an important part of readers' lives beyond the news agenda. For our readers, this content helps them experience the best things their local area has to offer, and make the most of their precious free time - whether it is the hottest new restaurant opening, the most family-friendly attractions, or where to escape the crowds on a sunny bank holiday. And for our brands, it’s a critical part of positioning them as the No.1 authority on what to do in their local patches.
Are you passionate about digital storytelling content which brings the best of our towns and cities to the fore? Do you understand both the importance of evergreen content throughout the year and how people make the most of their spare time day to day in towns and cities nationwide? Are you able to use key metrics and analytics to guide your thinking about how to connect with readers?
It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for a network What's On editor to help bring to life our What's On strategy, setting priorities and ensuring consistency across the network.
This role is key in the operational delivery of Reach's customer value strategy, which puts our customers and their experience at the heart of everything we do.
This is a home-working role so can be based anywhere in the UK.
What will the role involve?
- Work closely with our group head of What's On on content initiatives and forward planning.
- Work alongside What's On editors and life writers across our regional titles to support the housekeeping of evergreen content, and think creatively about new ways of reaching audiences.
- Help ensure our What's On platforms and social media channels have compelling, fresh and engaging content in line with audience data and trends.
- Understand audience data and analytics.
- Ensure a high level of digital publishing and production best practice standards, delivered in a way that meets audience targets across multiple platforms.
- Covering for the group head of What's On as required
What are we looking for?
- A demonstrable passion for What's On and/or lifestyle content.
- Excellent understanding of SEO, search, social and digital audience behaviour
- Imagination - can you put yourself in the shoes of our readers and spot what inspires, indulges, informs and involves them?
- Be comfortable working with many of the biggest regional news brands in the UK, Scotland and Ireland
- Strong track record in telling stories, accurately, which engage large audience
- Proven track record for digital storytelling using video, words and pictures.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK.
At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free well-being apps and coaching support
- Share save scheme
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position