We’re looking for an excellent journalist with proven experience of sharing human interest stories at a national and local level who is equally at home writing and editing for our website as pitching to tabloids, broadsheets and broadcasters. If you also have a strong understanding of social affairs and can offer workable ideas to build our own narrative on ‘voice as value’, please get in touch. NCTJ (or equivalent) qualification essential.
The post is to join the Communications & Campaigns Team at the charity Fixers which exists to inform and educate people on issues and voices that are not normally heard or valued.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. To interview young people about their campaigns with Fixers and identify opportunities to promote their projects to as wide an audience as possible.
2. To write online stories and edit those of other team members, and manage a consistent through-put of work.
3. To take responsibility for day to day running of the website.
4. To write media releases, blogs and features and pitch them to contacts for publication and broadcast.
5. To report on Fixers events and campaigns and work collaboratively with all teams in organising events, providing case studies, copy writing and proof reading support.
6. To ensure at all times that the young people we work with get the support they need in any external media activity and the excellent reputation of the organisation is upheld.
7. To build and manage relationships with key organisations across all sectors to benefit Fixers and the young people we work with.
8. To seek and manage opportunities for material created as part of Fixers’ projects to reach wide and appropriate audiences.
9. To keep abreast of social issues, policies and events in which young people can have a role.
Any other duties as reasonably required. Some UK travel.
Director of Communications & Stakeholder Engagement
7a St Thomas Street
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.