CGTN is looking for a versatile news editor/video editor to join its new European operation.
CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its six TV channels – English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian and documentary, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN Europe is a fresh multimedia news channel from a modern, purpose-built newsroom in London’s Chiswick Business Park. It will join the other regional CGTN hubs in Beijing, Nairobi and Washington DC in helping the network to set the news agenda across the UK and Europe, by broadcasting and publishing award-winning news and current affairs content that will provide a fresh take on European political, economic, social and cultural affairs.
We are now seeking a video editor to join the new team in London.
- Edit stories, videos, and newscasts (including packages, VOs, VOSOTs, teases and preproduction material) on tight deadlines.
- Take in ENG and SNG feeds and be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
- Collaborate with producers, reporters and managers to produce high-quality stories.
- Ad hoc tasks such as maintaining new archives with media operators, organization of media files and sourcing materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
With significant experience with non-linear editing software such as Adobe Premiere or equivalent, you will be technically proficient on linear and non-linear equipment including Final Cut Pro, Avid and Eduis.
- Handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
- Have knowledge of current television production.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply online.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position