Digital Health is a specialist online B2B original news, research and events business focused on the fast evolving field of health IT and digital health.
We are the leading providers of news, intelligence and insight covering the fascinating intersection of technology, health policy, business and politics, in a field that is beginning to drive the transformation of the health and care of all UK citizens.
Digital Health is seeking an ambitious news editor, or senior reporter ready to make the next step, to provide compelling news and write in-depth features about the field of digital health. The successful candidate will need to develop relationships with senior NHS managers, IT and clinical, industry suppliers, policy makers, regulators and academics and produce original, incisive and engaging online articles for a sophisticated professional audience.
This is an ideal opportunity for a journalist seeking to build their expertise and reputation in a specialist area that draws on many fields. You should have a passion for online news specifically and engaging with your audience.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Report and write news and feature articles on health IT and digital health for www.digitalhealth.net.
• Produce accurate, well-researched copy in-house style that is optimised for SEO
• Build strong contact book and personal network
• Develop a strong knowledge of health and IT sectors
• Work closely with team members and support the editorial, events, research and sales staff on their projects.
• Represent Digital Health at press conferences and industry events, both during and outside normal working hours.
• Travel when necessary to conduct interviews and attend conferences
• Be punctual, organised and professional in all aspects of the role.
• Adhere to the highest standards of journalistic ethics and integrity.
The News Editor will be responsible for:
• Manage and support one reporter, production assistant and work of freelancers
• Responsibility for managing the news schedule and advance editorial planning
• Managing the website and publication of weekly newsletters
• Responsibility for managing special reports and sponsored products such as white papers and case studies
• Editorial social media strategy
• SEO in conjunction with marketing
Skills and Qualifications
• Recognised journalism training qualification
• Proven online journalism experience required producing daily news, ideally gained on a trade news publication, conducting interviews and writing news and feature articles.
• A genuine enthusiasm for the subject matter and those working within it. Though you may not be an expert yet, you have to want to become one.
• The ability, either already proven or with the potential, to run the news desk and manage the work of other members of the editorial team
• Research skills: an ability to extract information in multiple ways, including from interviews, NHS board papers, FOIs, public data sets, NHS regulatory bodies, company financial data and analyst reports, industry research and other sources.
• Writing skills: an ability to produce accurate, engaging and analytical copy to a high quality standard and in accordance with the Risk.net house style.
• Interpersonal skills: the ability to be confident on the telephone and in person at interviews, meetings and conferences.
• Languages: fluent written and spoken English is imperative.
• A high level of organisation, time management and attention to detail.
• Flexibility: readiness to cope with a fast-growing, ever-changing environment, which could mean having to adapt quickly to new beats and roles.
• Team player
• Experience with CMS (we use WordPress)
• Use of Twitter, LinekdIn, Facebook to drive traffic
• Google Analytics
Salary and benefits:
• £35,000-40,000 per annum (DoE)
• 23-days annual leave
• Group personal pension plan
• The post holder will report to Jon Hoeksma, editor and founder Digital Health
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.