International Business Times, part of Newsweek Media Group, is seeking a News Editor to cover the weekends and bank/public holidays.
The role will be partly office based, working in our busy London newsroom, whilst on the weekend the successful candidate will lead a small team of news reporters remotely.
The candidate must be a smart, experienced news editor, with a strong track record of working in digital news and familiar with digital storytelling techniques and SEO. A good working understanding of social media channels is also a plus.
The candidate must have proven ability to recognise and prioritise news stories, an excellent knowledge of current affairs - from popular culture to geo-politics - and experience of working to tight deadlines.
This role is available as either 4 days per week (part time) or 5 days per week (full time). Both options will cover Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon and bank/public holidays.
- Lead news coverage on certain days, copy edit and manage a team
- React to breaking news stories as and when they happen
- Creatively pitch new ideas and chase stories of interest
- Passion for journalism, and creative storytelling, strong professional judgement and drive to innovate
- Self starter and eagerness to contribute new ideas
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Flexibility to work long hours and weekend shifts if required
- Must be able to multi-task and have high attention to detail
- Must have detailed knowledge of tailoring content for social media platforms
- Able to work in a team environment and work well with others
- Good communication skills
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below