Job Title: NEWS EDITOR
Reports to: Managing Editor, Imbibe
Based at: Richmond, Surrey, UK
Imbibe is the UK’s leading publication for on-trade drinks professionals. It includes a quarterly magazine and website, and is part of Imbibe Live, the UK’s largest on-trade drinks exhibition, and the Sommelier Wine Awards (SWA).
We’re looking for a talented online editor with at least two years of experience writing about wine, beer and spirits, and the UK on-trade.
You’ll be a digital native with a keen news sense, who’s adept at turning round sharp, shareable content, with snappy, SEO-optimised headlines, and who is bang up-to-date on the latest digital and social-media trends.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in both the on-trade and the drinks industry, contacts behind the UK’s most exciting bars, and bucket-loads of ideas for stories.
Responsibilities and key skills:
- Source, write and develop news stories, working to tight daily deadlines without compromising on accuracy. Write advertorials and occasional features for the magazine.
- Manage online production schedule; commission articles from freelances and the in-house team; and upload content to website via CMS.
- Manage social media channels and leverage web content across them in a creative and engaging way.
- Monitor web and social-media analytics and report key findings to the wider team. Use these findings to develop a web and social-media strategy.
- Create Imbibe’s weekly e-newsletter, including any scheduled client coverage.
- Subedit and proofread articles to a consistently excellent standard; revise magazine articles for the web, optimising content for SEO; source and resize images.
- Represent Imbibe at drinks events, launches and tastings, which may be outside standard office hours, and attend occasional press trips in other parts of the UK and abroad. Work with the marketing team to shape and create content for Imbibe Live.
- Computer skills: Good working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, CMS and Google Analytics.
- Drinks-tasting experience and WSET qualifications would be a major plus, but not essential.
- Practical knowledge of media law.
If this job sounds like you, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your salary expectations. Or you can apply online at www.reedexpo.com. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face to face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe.
Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom almost half are in North America.