Boat International Media is the global authority in superyachting, celebrating the yachts and the life that comes with them. We are seeking an experienced news editor to work across our digital and print platforms.
You will have a proven track record of quickly developing contacts, securing exclusive stories and producing sparkling news copy and news features.
Reporting to the Deputy Editor, the perfect candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to quickly get up to speed with the content demands of our unique audience.
At least some knowledge of the superyachting or broader yachting sector would be ideal, as the successful candidate will be expected to hit the ground running.
- At least two years' experience in news writing role
- Proven ability to quickly develop contacts in a niche industry
- Experience of writing longer features
- Ability to work quickly, but always accurately
- Keen interest in helping shape content across all platforms
- Good working knowledge of how analytics drives the news agenda
- Experience of working with a CMS
- Demonstrable understanding of SEO and Keywords
- Knowledge of the yachting sector preferred, but not essential
- To produce up to five pieces on digital content a day
- To produce all news copy for the print edition of Boat International
- To work with the data team on our infographic editorial
- To work closely alongside the commercial and events teams
- Complete monthly reports for the Deputy Editor and Chief Digital Officer
- Some travel will be required, including occasional weekend working
The rewards are excellent. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package we can provide an exciting career opportunity where personal growth and advancement is aligned to the rapid development of this highly successful company.
HOW TO APPLY
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below