Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
About the job
A rare opportunity to join an invigorated editorial team at the UK’s leading shooting magazine has arisen. For over a century Shooting Times has been essential reading for Britain’s fieldsports community.
As a weekly publication, news has always been an integral part of Shooting Times’ brand and as News Editor you will have the important role of writing news pages, writing investigative features, contributing to the running of our social media channels, and representing the brand at events up and down the country. You will also:
- Work with contributors to formulate good quality, original sporting answers
- Compile a weekly products page and build relationships with advertisers
- Have the opportunity to pitch features
- Contribute to our website, Shooting UK
It is important that you enjoy fieldsports, have both a good nose for crunchy stories and experience of producing great written content.
Beyond that, the following would be strongly beneficial:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across the industry
- Good editing skills
- An understanding of journalistic codes of conduct
- Ideas to increase reader engagement
- Experience of editorial production systems is desirable but not essential
- Attention to detail, great pride in your work, and an ability to work under pressure
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position