Upday is an award-winning personalised news app that is exclusive to Samsung devices.
We combine editorial expertise and curation with the very latest personalisation technologies to bring our readers the stories that matter to them.
If you are looking to join an international team full of fantastic talent that has energy of a start-up but the stability of an established media company, look no further.
Our London office is currently looking for a digital savvy full-time news editor and freelance news editors.
- Ideally at least 2 years of experience in online journalism, preferably with experience of working at a breaking news desk – but we may also consider those starting out or new to journalism
- An understanding of mobile and digital trends, and an interest in the ‘future of journalism’
- Ability to work with international teams across time zones
- A good understanding of Samsung devices would be preferred
- A good understanding of the British news media landscape
- Find and curate the most ‘need to know’ stories of the hour, along with deciding and pushing breaking news stories
- Work with the UK and Ireland editorial team to establish the day’s agenda
- Shift work – including weekends – is a requirement of the role
How to Apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position
- broadcast journalists broadcast journalists feed
- copywriters copywriters feed
- editorial assistants / trainees editorial assistants / trainees feed
- editors and management editors and management feed
- freelance freelance feed
- news news feed
- production and sub-editors production and sub-editors feed
- new media new media feed
- social media social media feed