This is an exciting opportunity for an established senior or ambitious mid-ranking journalist looking to cover the dynamic world of finance with a focus on cryptocurrencies to join our London-based team.
Currency.com is looking for editors to help expand and run our growing news and features operation. The role will be multi-faceted, covering a fast-changing and developing industry, ensuring that no two days are alike.
Reporting to the London desk editor, you will be curious, motivated, organised and nimble, bringing a wide-ranging skillset and broad experience to a role that will be fast-paced but also rewarding for the right candidate.
You will be part of a team that also runs our sister publication capital.com and will help co-ordinate a mixture of spot news and longer-form content ranging from features and interviews to technical articles, definitions and in-depth "everything you need to know" backgrounders.
The role also involves helping steer daily editorial coverage and maintain staffing patterns, while ensuring quality and delivery of our overall editorial strategy.
- Help plan and implement our editorial coverage
- Help manage desk staff and freelancers and allocate shifts
- Monitor traffic and SEO performance
- Display confidence and calm under pressure; be hard-working and self-motivated
- Ensure the health and safety of staff
- Edit copy to ensure spelling and grammar are correct
- Check copy for factual accuracy and legality
- Rewrite material where necessary to ensure it complies with house style, SEO and reads well
- Liaising with writers, reporters and editors where necessary
- Write/edit headlines, subheadings, introductions and captions
- Deputise for the desk editor.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current business and financial issues, including the
- cryptocurrency industry
- Experience reporting, editing and commissioning
- Good news and editorial judgement and ability to work to deadlines
- Experience in dealing with video and audio as well as copy
- Thorough knowledge of media law
- Experience managing staff and a commitment to teambuilding
- Understanding and familiarity with SEO, linkbuilding etc
- Experience of working with a content management system (CMS).
Nice to have:
- Sense of humour.
What we offer:
- Great friendly and professional working environment
- Attractive benefit package
- You will be part of a fast-growing and lively team
- Based in the heart of London.
Currency Dot Com (UK)
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position